*/

You can find great local Burlington Township, New Jersey real estate information on Localism.com Leander McClain, Real Estate Consultant is a proud member of the ActiveRain Real Estate Network, a free online community to help real estate professionals grow their business.

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Little Hammer - A Story

Inspiration can be found in many places. Recently while browsing through a magazine, I came across this story. The story was told by Jose Orlando Padron. It was the story of how a small hammer changed his life. I thought I would pass it on. Enjoy.
***********************************************************************************
In 1962, I arrived in Miami, AN UNKNOWN CITY IN A FOREIGN LAND. I had to start from zero. At first, I received $60 monthly as a government aid given to Cuban refugees. I was thirty six years old, strong and in good health. Every time I cashed that check, I felt like a burden on the country that had taken me in. For many days, I looked for a job and did not find one. Every night, I went home and thought of the future. I was determined to do something so that I could support my family. One day, Raul Fernandez, a friend who worked in the Cuban Refugee Office asked if I had any carpentry skills. I said I did. He Gave me a gift - a small hammer - which he asked me to put to good use. The hammer made me feel I had the necessary tool to become self-sufficient and not to depend on a government hand-out. During the days, I worked as a gardener. At nights, I did carpentry with the hammer. My dream was to save enough money to open a factory to make great cigars, like the ones we used to smoke in Cuba. Through a lot of sacrifice and hard work, I managed to save $600 - money I made working with the hammer. With that, I mad my dream come true and opened Padron Cigars in 1964. I still have the hammer as a reminder of how it all started.
******************************************************************************************
Always remember, it's not how much is in that glass that's important. It's how you look at it. Have a wonderful day.

http://burlingtoncounty.blogspot.com/